Joomla gallery extension by joomlashine.com
In October 2022, the movement of passengers at the airports of the Autonomous Region of Madeira stood 40% above the same month of 2019 (Read more...)
DREM releases the third quarter transport statistics and a time series for the period 1976-2021 (Read more...)
In October 2022, the implicit interest rate on housing credit and the average loan repayments increased in the Autonomous Region of Madeira (Read more...)
In the 3rd quarter of 2022, the overdue loans ratios decreased compared to the previous quarter (Read more...)
In 2022, the proportion of persons between 16 and 74 years old who reported having used the Internet in the last 3 months prior to the interview was higher in the Autonomous Region of Madeira than in the country (Read more...)
In the first nine months of 2022, the natural decrease was higher than in the same period of the previous year (Read more...)
Between January and September 2022, the egg production, livestock slaughtering and poultry meat increased year-on-year while landed catch registered a decrease, but its value rose (Read more...)
At the end of the 3rd quarter of 2022, the number of jobs in the Regional Administration of Madeira was 20 806 (Read more...)
DREM releases "In Focus" with statistical indicators related to the sea for the Autonomous Region of Madeira (Read more...)
DREM releases Culture indicators for 2021 (Read more...)
Subscribe to our newsletter and get statistical data as soon as it is available!...
Regional Directorate of Statistics of Madeira releases Agriculture and Fishery Statistics for 2018
The Regional Directorate of Statistics of Madeira releases today the Agriculture and Fishery Statistics for 2018.
The main results are summarised as follows:
- The potato production stood at 28,848 tonnes in 2018, decreasing by 6.0% from 2017, followed by sweet potato (11,925 tonnes) and sugar cane (10,751 tonnes). Banana (17,597 tonnes, down by 24.1% from 2017) and vitis vinifera grapes (3,624 tonnes, -19.8%) were the most important productions of permanent crops in 2018.
In animal production:
- In aviculture, the egg production in 2018 reached 18.3 million units, dropping by 24.4% from 2017. The production of poultry meat decreased by 6.7%, totaling 3.120,6 tonnes in the year of reference.
- Increase by 4.1% of the livestock slaughterings.
- In 2018, the landed catch decreased by 5.9% in volume to 7,518 tonnes and declined by 13.1% in value to 18.8 million euros. The catches of tuna and tuna-like species went down by 9.1% and the catches of black-scabbard fish rose by 1.7%.
Regional Economic Accounts for Agriculture (REGEAA) and exports:
- The REGEAA data show that agricultural output in the Autonomous Region of Madeira stood at 112.0 million euros in 2017. Between 2016 and 2017 (for 2017 the data is still provisional) agricultural output increased by 2.2% in nominal terms. 84.7% of the total agricultural output came from crop output and 11.4% from animal output.
- The Autonomous Region of Madeira dispatched 13.6 thousand tonnes of banana in 2018. 6 thousand protea flowers and 6 thousand cymbidium stems were also exported in the year of reference.
- In 2018, the agricultural products producer price index rose by 7.2% over 2017. This increase was driven by the growth in the price index of vegetables and horticultural products (+17.3%), eggs (+16.9%) and potatoes (12.6%). The price index of agricultural production means went up by 1.4% from 2017, an increase which can be partly explained by a rise in the price index of fertilisers and soil improvers (+17,9%) and energy and lubricants (+7.5%).
For more information, please click on: