tableaupublic            



Official Statistics Website                             

Menu

tableaupublic            

Newsletters

Subscribe to our newsletter and get statistical data as soon as it is available!...

In the 1st quarter of 2021

Balance of credit granted to non-financial corporations increased while the default ratio decreased

According to the data released by the Bank of Portugal, at the end of the 1st quarter of 2021, the balance of credit granted to non-financial corporations located in the Autonomous Region of Madeira stood at 1,962.5 million euros. The default ratio of this type of corporations dropped to 3.5%, although remaining 0.2 percentage points (p.p.) above national average.

In the household and Non Profit Institutions Serving Households (NPISH) sectors, the balance of credit granted at the end of the reference period amounted to 3,187.1 million euros, down by 1.6% from the end of the same month in the previous year. 67.5% of the balance of credit granted relates to the “housing” segment and the remaining 32.5% to “consumption and other purposes".

Overdue loans in the housing segment did not exceed 16.2 million euros, representing a ratio of overdue loan ratio of 0.8%, 0.2 p.p. above the national value. Compared to March 2020 this ratio dropped by 0.3 p.p. in the Region.

Household and NPISH debtors stood at 100.0 thousand in March 2021, with 44.4 thousand associated with the “housing” segment and 82.6 thousand with “consumption and other purposes”.

Estatisticas Monetárias EN

International Statistical Cooperation

MAC14 20

International Statistical Cooperation

MAC14 20

Statistical Literacy

formation3

Statistical Literacy

formation3
Go to top