tableaupublic            



Official Statistics Website                             

Menu

tableaupublic            

Newsletters

Subscribe to our newsletter and get statistical data as soon as it is available!...

In the second quarter of 2021

Transacted dwellings in the Autonomous Region of Madeira hit record highs

In the second quarter of 2021, 1,131 dwellings were traded in the Autonomous Region of Madeira, up by 24.4% over the previous quarter and by 115.6% compared to the 2nd quarter 2020.

From that total transacted in the reference quarter, 925 were existing dwellings (81.8% of the total) and the remaining 206 (18.2%) being new dwellings. Compared to the previous quarter, the number of transacted existing dwellings went up by 32.3% (+137.2% y-o-y) while in the case of new dwellings there was a 1.9% decrease (+52.6% y-o-y).

The value of transacted dwellings in the reference quarter totalled 182.9 million euros, representing a 29.2% increase over the previous quarter (141.5 million euro) and a 143.7% rise compared to the same quarter of the prior year (75.1 million euro). The sales value for the new dwellings reached 39.4 million euros (+0.1% than in the same quarter of the previous year), while the value of existing houses stood at 143.5 million euros (+40.5%). It should be noted that the number and value of dwelling sales recorded in the 2nd quarter of 2021 are maximums of the time series that starts in 2009.

In Portugal, the number of transacted dwellings in the second quarter of 2021 reached 52.9 thousand (a quarterly increase of 20.8% and a year-on-year increase of +58.3%) These transactions generated a sales value of 8.6 billion euros, +23.7 than in the 1st quarter of 2021 and +66.5% compared to the same period of the previous year.

Alojamentos familiares EN 

International Statistical Cooperation

MAC14 20

International Statistical Cooperation

MAC14 20

Statistical Literacy

formation3

Statistical Literacy

formation3
Go to top