tableaupublic            



Official Statistics Website                             

Menu

tableaupublic            

Newsletters

Subscribe to our newsletter and get statistical data as soon as it is available!...

In the first quarter of 2022

Transacted dwellings in the Autonomous Region of Madeira hit a record high

In the first quarter of 2022, 1,024 dwellings were traded in the Autonomous Region of Madeira, which represents a quarterly increase of 4.5% over the previous quarter and a 35.8% rise compared to the first quarter of 2021.

Of the total number of dwellings sold in the reference quarter, 829 were existing dwellings (81.0% of the total) and the remaining 195 (19.0%) were new dwellings. Compared to the previous quarter, these two types of dwellings showed opposite trends, i.e., the number of existing dwellings went up by 5.7% (+34.8% y-o-y) while in the case of new dwellings there was a 0.5% decrease (+40.3% y-o-y).

The value of transacted dwellings in the reference quarter totalled 204.6 million euros, representing a 12.3% increase over the previous quarter (182.2 million euros) and a 67.2% rise compared to the same quarter of the prior year (122.3 million euros). The sales value for the new dwellings reached 55.0 million euros (+72.2% than in the same quarter of the previous year), while the value of existing dwellings stood at 149.6 million euros (+34.8%).

Once again, in both number and value of dwellings transacted, the previous highs were surpassed.

In the quarter under review, Madeiran households acquired 863 dwellings, up by +1.5% and by +29.0% over the previous quarter and over the same quarter, respectively. In terms of value, transactions of this nature amounted to 174.6 million euros, increasing by 10.1% over the previous quarter and by 62.3% compared to the first quarter of 2021.

In Portugal, the number of transacted dwellings in the first quarter of 2022 reached 43.5 thousand (a quarterly decrease of 5.1% and a year-on-year increase of +25.8%). These transactions generated a sales value of 8.1 billion euros, -1.7% compared to the fourth quarter of 2021 and +44.4% over the same period of the previous year.

Vendas Alojamentos Familiares EN

 

International Statistical Cooperation

MAC14 20

International Statistical Cooperation

MAC14 20

Statistical Literacy

formation3

Statistical Literacy

formation3
Go to top