tableaupublic            



Official Statistics Website                             

Menu

tableaupublic            

Newsletters

Subscribe to our newsletter and get statistical data as soon as it is available!...

In the second quarter of 2022

Transacted dwellings in the Autonomous Region of Madeira continued to rise

In the second quarter of 2022, 1,100 dwellings were traded in the Autonomous Region of Madeira, which represents a quarterly increase of 7.4% over the previous quarter and a 14.6% rise compared to the second quarter of 2021.

Of the total number of dwellings sold in the reference quarter, 927 were existing dwellings (84.3% of the total) and the remaining 173 (15.7%) were new dwellings. Compared to the previous quarter, these two types of dwellings showed opposite trends, i.e., the number of existing dwellings went up by 11.8% (+14.3% y-o-y) while for new dwellings there was a decrease of 11.3% (+16.1% y-o-y).

The value of transacted dwellings in the reference quarter totalled 227.3 million euros, representing an increase of 11.1% over the previous quarter (204.6 million euros) and a 38.6% rise compared to the same quarter of the prior year (163.9 million euros). The sales value for the new dwellings reached 42.6 million euros (+27.3% than in the same quarter of the previous year), while the value of existing dwellings stood at 184.7 million euros (+41.5%).

Once again, in both the number and value of dwellings transacted, the previous highs were surpassed.

In the quarter under review, Madeiran households acquired 866 dwellings, up by +0.3% and by +20.1% over the previous quarter and over the same quarter, respectively. In terms of value, transactions of this nature amounted to 173.0 million euros, decreasing by 0.9% over the previous quarter and increasing by 43.1% compared to the second quarter of 2021.

In Portugal, the number of transacted dwellings in the second quarter of 2022 reached 43.6 thousand (a quarterly increase of 0.1% and a year-on-year of +4.5%). These transactions generated a sales value of 8.3 billion euros, +2.5% compared to the first quarter of 2022 and +19.5% over the same period of the previous year.

Alojamentos familiares EN

For more information, please click on:

International Statistical Cooperation

MAC14 20

International Statistical Cooperation

MAC14 20

Statistical Literacy

formation3

Statistical Literacy

formation3
Go to top