tableaupublic            

Menu

Official Statistics Website - On the “statistical information” menu the press releases, tables and time series are available in English. The Statistical Yearbook and the Tourism Statistics publications also have information in English.

tableaupublic            

Newsletters

Subscribe to our newsletter and get statistical data as soon as it is available!...

In March 2020

Default ratio of non-financial corporations decreased

According to the data provided by the Bank of Portugal (BoP), at the end of March 2020, the balance of credit granted to non-financial corporations located in the Autonomous Region of Madeira stood at 1,592.3 million euros, down by 3.7% year-on-year. The default ratio of this type of corporations dropped to 7.5%, remaining 3.1 percentage points (p.p.) above national average.

In the household and Non Profit Institutions Serving Households (NPISH) sectors, the balance of credit granted at the end of the reference period amounted to 3,246.1 million euros last March, down by 1.6% from the end of the same month in the previous year. 64.7% of the balance of credit granted relates to the “housing” segment and the remaining 35.3% to “consumption and other purposes". Compared to March 2019, the balance of loans granted in the first segment decreased by 0.7%, while in the case of the second segment, there was a 3.1% drop.

Household and NPISH debtors amounted to 101.3 thousand as of March 2020, showing an upward trend over the past year, driven by the increase in borrowers for “consumer and other purposes”. The overall growth was 10.0% year-on-year, and in this particular segment it reached 11.8%. In the “housing” segment there was an increase of 2.6%.

Overdue loans in the housing segment did not exceed EUR 29.1 million, representing a ratio of overdue loan ratio of 1.4%, 0.6 p.p. above the national value. Compared to March 2019 this ratio dropped by 0.3 p.p. in the Region.

Emprest 1t20 en

For more information, please click on:

International Statistical Cooperation

MAC14 20

International Statistical Cooperation

MAC14 20

Statistical Literacy

formation3

Statistical Literacy

formation3
Go to top