tableaupublic            



Official Statistics Website                             

Menu

tableaupublic            

Newsletters

Subscribe to our newsletter and get statistical data as soon as it is available!...

In the 2nd quarter of 2020

Balance of credit granted to non-financial corporations increased while the default ratio decreased

According to the data released by the Bank of Portugal, at the end of the 2nd quarter of 2020, the balance of credit granted to non-financial corporations located in the Autonomous Region of Madeira stood at 1,870.8 million euros. The default ratio of this type of corporations dropped to 5.7%, although remaining 1.6 percentage points (p.p.) above national average.

In the household and Non Profit Institutions Serving Households (NPISH) sectors, the balance of credit granted at the end of the reference period amounted to 3,176.3 million euros last June, down by 5.9% from the end of the same month in the previous year. 65.9% of the balance of credit granted relates to the “housing” segment and the remaining 34.1% to “consumption and other purposes".

Overdue loans in the housing segment did not exceed 17.3 million euros, representing a ratio of overdue loan ratio of 0.8%, just 0.1 p.p. above the national value. Compared to June 2019 this ratio dropped by 0.8 p.p. in the Region.

Household and NPISH debtors amounted to 100.5 thousand as of March 2020, 43.5 thousand associated with the “housing” segment and 83.8 thousand with “consumptions and other purposes”.

monetariasEN 2T2020

 

    International Statistical Cooperation

    MAC14 20

    International Statistical Cooperation

    MAC14 20

    Statistical Literacy

    formation3

    Statistical Literacy

    formation3
    Go to top