Joomla gallery extension by joomlashine.com
In October 2022, the implicit interest rate on housing credit and the average loan repayments increased in the Autonomous Region of Madeira (Read more...)
In the 3rd quarter of 2022, the overdue loans ratios decreased compared to the previous quarter (Read more...)
In 2022, the proportion of persons between 16 and 74 years old who reported having used the Internet in the last 3 months prior to the interview was higher in the Autonomous Region of Madeira than in the country (Read more...)
In the first nine months of 2022, the natural decrease was higher than in the same period of the previous year (Read more...)
Between January and September 2022, the egg production, livestock slaughtering and poultry meat increased year-on-year while landed catch registered a decrease, but its value rose (Read more...)
At the end of the 3rd quarter of 2022, the number of jobs in the Regional Administration of Madeira was 20 806 (Read more...)
DREM releases "In Focus" with statistical indicators related to the sea for the Autonomous Region of Madeira (Read more...)
DREM releases Culture indicators for 2021 (Read more...)
DREM releases data for January to September 2022 on golf courses and cruise ships that visited the Region (Read more...)
In August 2022, Madeira’s economy accelerated (Read more...)
Subscribe to our newsletter and get statistical data as soon as it is available!...
In the 1st quarter of 2022
Default ratios of the non-financial corporations and households decreased year-on-year, while the balance of credit granted increased
According to the data released by the Bank of Portugal, at the end of the 1st quarter of 2022, the balance of credit granted to non-financial corporations located in the Autonomous Region of Madeira stood at 2.1 billion euros, 98.6 million euros higher than the end of March 2021 and up by 21.7 million euros over December 2021.
The default ratio of this type of corporation increased by 0.4 percentage points (pp) compared to the end of 2021, standing at 2.4% at the end of the reference period. Compared to the same quarter of the previous year, there was a 1.2 pp reduction. On a national level, the overdue loan ratio also decreased by 0.1 pp from the previous quarter and by 1.1 pp over the same period of the previous year, standing at 2.2% at the end of the 1st quarter of 2022. The amount of non-performing loans within non-financial corporations headquartered in the Region stood at 49.0 million euros in the reference period (+8.1 million euros compared to last December and -22.3 million euros compared to March of the previous year).
The percentage of borrowers in the non-financial corporations’ sector with non-performing loans at the end of March 2022 was 14.4%, with this indicator remaining below the national average (15.0%) since July 2020.
In the Household and Non-Profit Institutions Serving Households (NPISH) sectors, there was a year-on-year increase of 62.6 million euros in the balance of loans granted, bringing the balance of loans to this institutional sector in March 2022 to 3.2 million euros. When comparing the balance at the end of the 1st quarter of 2022 with that of the previous quarter, there was also an increase of approximately 35.5 million euros. 67.5% of the balance of credit granted was related to the “housing” segment and the remaining 32.5% to “consumption and other purposes".
Overdue loans in the housing segment did not exceed 11.9 million euros, representing a ratio of 0.5%, thus maintaining the historical minimum for the available time series, which began in March 2009. This percentage is slightly above the national figure (0.4%). Between March 2021 and March 2022, the ratio of non-performing housing loans fell by 0.3 pp in the Region.
The number of borrowers in the Household and Non-Profit Institutions Serving Households (NPISH) sectors grew from the previous quarter to 100.1 thousand, 44.4 thousand borrowers with housing loans and 83.5 thousand with consumer credit and other purposes.