Joomla gallery extension by joomlashine.com
In October 2022, the implicit interest rate on housing credit and the average loan repayments increased in the Autonomous Region of Madeira (Read more...)
In the 3rd quarter of 2022, the overdue loans ratios decreased compared to the previous quarter (Read more...)
In 2022, the proportion of persons between 16 and 74 years old who reported having used the Internet in the last 3 months prior to the interview was higher in the Autonomous Region of Madeira than in the country (Read more...)
In the first nine months of 2022, the natural decrease was higher than in the same period of the previous year (Read more...)
Between January and September 2022, the egg production, livestock slaughtering and poultry meat increased year-on-year while landed catch registered a decrease, but its value rose (Read more...)
At the end of the 3rd quarter of 2022, the number of jobs in the Regional Administration of Madeira was 20 806 (Read more...)
DREM releases "In Focus" with statistical indicators related to the sea for the Autonomous Region of Madeira (Read more...)
DREM releases Culture indicators for 2021 (Read more...)
DREM releases data for January to September 2022 on golf courses and cruise ships that visited the Region (Read more...)
In August 2022, Madeira’s economy accelerated (Read more...)
Subscribe to our newsletter and get statistical data as soon as it is available!...
In the 2nd quarter of 2022
Ratios of non-performing loans and the balance of loans granted increased for non-financial corporations and decreased year-on-year for households
According to data provided by the Bank of Portugal, at the end of the 2nd quarter of 2022, the balance of the volume of loans granted to non-financial corporations (NFC) was 2.0 billion euros, an increase of 43.6 million euros vis-a-vis the end of June 2021 and a drop of 33.8 million euros down compared to March 2022.
The ratio of non-performing loans of this type of corporation increased by 0.4 percentage points (p.p.) compared to June 2021, standing at 2.6% at the end of the reference period. Compared to the end of the previous quarter, there was an increase of 0.2 pp. In the country, the ratio of non-performing loans grew by 0.2 pp compared to the previous quarter and decreased by 0.5 pp in year-on-year terms, standing at 2.4% at the end of the 2nd quarter of 2022. The amount of non-performing loans within the scope of non-financial corporations, headquartered in the Region, stood, in the reference period, at 52.9 million euros (+4.1 million euros compared to last March and -9.6 million euros than in June of the previous year).
The percentage of borrowers in the NFC sector with non-performing loans at the end of June 2022 was 14.7%, with this indicator remaining below the national average (15.1% in the same period) since July 2020.
In the Household and Non-Profit Institutions Serving Households (NPISH), there was a decrease of 162.1 million euros in year-on-year terms in the balance of loans granted, which stood at 3.0 billion euros, at the end of the 2nd quarter of 2022. When comparing the balance with that of the previous quarter, there is also a decrease of approximately 207.1 million euros. 72.7% of that balance was related to the housing segment and the remaining 27.3% to consumption and other purposes.
With regard to overdue loans in the housing segment, they stood at 11.2 million euros, representing a ratio of 0.5%. This percentage is slightly above the national value (0.4%). Between June 2021 and June 2022, the ratio of non-performing loans for housing decreased by 0.2 pp in the Region.
The number of borrowers in the Household and Non-Profit Institutions Serving Households (NPISH) sector grew compared to the previous quarter to 100.7 thousand, and at the end of the 2nd quarter of 2022, there were around 44.4 thousand borrowers with housing loans and 84.0 thousand with credit for consumption and other purposes.