tableaupublic            

Menu

Official Statistics Website - On the “statistical information” menu the press releases, tables and time series are available in English. The Statistical Yearbook and the Tourism Statistics publications also have information in English.

tableaupublic            

Newsletters

Subscribe to our newsletter and get statistical data as soon as it is available!...

In September 2020

Default ratio of non-financial corporations decreased year-on-year and increased over June

According to the data released by the Bank of Portugal, at the end of September 2020, the balance of credit granted to non-financial corporations (NFC) located in the Autonomous Region of Madeira stood at 1,897.9 million euros, up by 17.9% year-on-year and also up by 1.3% over June. The default ratio of this type of corporations dropped to 6.3%, remaining 2.3 percentage points (p.p.) above national average.

The number of NFC borrowers increased to 5.2 thousand, the highest figure since December 2012. In September 2019, that number stood at 3.6 thousand, which shows clearly how much this indicator has grown.

In the household and Non-profit Institutions Serving Households (NPISH) sectors, the balance of credit granted at the end of the reference period amounted to 3,197.6 million euros in last September, down by 5.5% from the end of the same month in the previous year. 65.8% of that balance related to the “housing” segment and the remaining 34.2% to “consumption and other purposes”. Compared to September 2019, the balance of loans granted in the first segment decreased by 0.4%, while in the case of the second segment, there was a 14.1% drop.

Household and NPISH debtors amounted to 100.3 thousand as of September 2020, growing by 3.2% year-on-year. In the housing segment the increase was 4.3%, higher than in the “consumption and other purposes” segment (+1.9%).

Overdue loans in the housing segment did not exceed EUR 16.7 million, representing a ratio of overdue loan ratio of 0.8%, slightly above the national value (0.7%).

monetarias 3t20 en

 

International Statistical Cooperation

MAC14 20

International Statistical Cooperation

MAC14 20

Statistical Literacy

formation3

Statistical Literacy

formation3
Go to top